Saturday, May 4, 2013

Spring is flying...

Today is May 4th.  Amanda turned 24 yesterday and left this morning on a 3-day tour of some of the not-so-distant highlights of Romania with her father.  He is our third visitor for the spring.  With visitors, conferences, teaching, bookbinding, and other fun activities, the past 2 months have flown by and my blog has been dormant.  I regularly write to this blog in my mind when I am walking.  I observe and reflect when I am walking - it is a very good time for thinking - and so I am often coming up with things to share with my readers of this blog.  It is unfortunate, I do not have a way yet to take my thoughts and download them to the computer...

In lieu of that, I will spend a little time today posting pictures and a few thoughts and commentary for those who might not have given up on me.  Here we are last night at the Harbor restaurant celebrating Amanda's 24th birthday...



Spring has been arriving in full color since early April...






The following are a few of the sights as I have been walking around Bucharest this spring...








This last picture is of a demonstration protesting the sudden closing of a factory along with failure to pay the workers...

Okay, now to a few subject-oriented blog posts...

3 comments:

  1. I haven't given up because I just got started recently.......so I'm trying to catch up! :) Great photos again.....you see some very unique things that others might not.......like the funny bare tree limbs climbing up the building????? Fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those "funny bare limbs" are actually part of the building design. The whole thing definitely caught my eye and is a good example of contemporary architectural elements to be found in this city. There are so many old and new styles of architecture!

      Delete
  2. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete